[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: A Hakka established the first Chinese Soviet Government in Hailufeng
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: A Hakka established the first Chinese Soviet Government in Hailufeng
- From: "Dixie" <Dixie@singnet.com.sg>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 14:54:40 +0800
- Reply-To: <@singnet.com.ofcmail>
The only Communist effort that succeeded in creating a relatively stable
base was that of Peng Pai in the Haifeng and Lufeng districts in east
Guangdong. Active peasant unions had been established there as early as
1925 to 1926. In 1927, they transformed themselves into a "soviet
government" and held out until February 1928, when they were massacred by
the Guomindang during an extremely bloody wave of repression.
- extracted from the book, "China from the 1911 Revolution to Liberation".