[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
"Shen Shang" has anyone heard of a place called this name?
- To: <"email@example.com"@smtp1.mailsrvcs.net>
- Subject: "Shen Shang" has anyone heard of a place called this name?
- From: "Darryl Wong" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 12:43:44 -1000
- Reply-To: "Darryl Wong" <@gte.net>
"Shen Shang" has anyone heard of a place in China
called this name?
I am trying to find out where my family is from. Our
oldest relative recently told me he recalls hearing his grandfather mentioning
this place before (Shen Shang). I am not sure about the accuracy of his
memory or about the phonetic representation of this location. This may
have been told to my relative using Hakka, Cantonese, or possibly even a
As some background information. My great grandfather
immigrated to Hawaii from China in 1883. No immigration records are
available and all his children have since passed away. I am desparately
trying to find my family's hometown in China. Can anyone