Date: 09-15-07 04:38
THAI FRIED CHICKEN WITH BASIL LEAVES
* 450 grams chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
* 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup onion, sliced
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 teaspoons black soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons fish sauce
* 1 cup fresh holy basil
* 7 chillies, chopped and pounded coarsely
* Dash of ground white pepper
Note : You can add more vegetables such as carrot, string bean, baby corn as extra ingredients.
1. Heat a wok until the oil is hot, then stir in the garlic, and then add onions. Stir another few seconds before adding the chicken. Continue Stir-frying until chicken is cooked throughly.
2. Add chillies and sprinkle black soy sauce over the mixture and stir-fry another 15-20 seconds.
3.Then add fresh basil leaves and fish sauce to taste. Stir and mix well. Sprinkle with white pepper. Stir and transfer to a serving dish. Normally, Thai people love to eat this dish with steamed rice and fried egg.
This dish is voted to be No.4 ranking in term of top 10 thai dishes by foreigners.
What about the rest of top 10 most favourite thai dishes ?
We have the answer -> http://www.ezythaicooking.com/articles/top-10-thai-food.htm
Database of Thai Food | Thai Recipes | Thai Cooking : www.EzyThaiCooking.com
Please click here to see the image of this recipe : http://www.ezythaicooking.com/images/fried-chicken-with-basil-leaves.jpg